Santa Cruz County, Arizona Genealogy
Santa Cruz County, Arizona ancestry and genealogy research page. Locate links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to help you trace your Santa Cruz Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by constructing a Free Family Tree.
Santa Cruz County was established on March 15, 1899 from parts of Cochise County and Pima County. The county was named after the Santa Cruz River, a small river that flows through Arizona..
The Santa Cruz County Seat is situated in Nogales plus the county government website is http://www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
Areas neighboring Santa Cruz County actually are Pima County (west, north), Cochise County (east), Nogales, Sonora, Mexico (south), Santa Cruz, Sonora, Mexico (south), Sáric, Sonora, Mexico (southwest).
Cities and towns found in Santa Cruz County comprise of Nogales, Patagonia . . Unincorporated Communities located in the county include Arivaca, Ruby, Sasabe. .
Santa Cruz County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940. You'll find free online and also printable census forms to aid with your research.
Santa Cruz County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Santa Cruz County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Arizona Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
Santa Cruz County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the benefits of Santa Cruz County court, probate, and land records as a useful resource of family history and genealogy details. Hidden away in Arizona courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the aspirations and frustrations of the many Arizona people. The possibilities are excellent that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some factors of their lives in the Santa Cruz County court records. Even if your forebears is not brought up in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which often can have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
I highly recommend you get in touch with the clerk's dept to verify hours, mailing address, fees and other details in advance of visiting or seeking information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The records are readily available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. The majority of workers will guide individuals in locating the resources, but it is up to the particular person to undertake the basic research.
The below facts indicates exactly what birth, death, marriage, land, probate, and legal records are in Santa Cruz County. The years stated listed below are the first known records for this particular county which may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Santa Cruz County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 2150 N Congress Dr, Nogales, AZ 85621
- Phone: (520) 375-7700
- Santa Cruz County Clerk of Superior Court issues marriage licenses, maintain marriage and divorce records, civil, domestic, criminal, juvenile and probate records, Notary Public Bonds and Commissions, and any other duties that the presiding judge may prescribe.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: 1899
- Probate Records: 1899
- Court Records: 1912
- Santa Cruz County Recorder has two principle duties. The first duty of the County Recorder is to record documents, as required by law, to be public record. Instruments recorded include real estate transactions, mortgages, deed of trust, family trusts, personal property, tax liens, mining locations, subdivision plats, records of survey, military discharges, official appointments of office, and other documents required to be made of public record. The second major duty concerns elections since the County Recorder is also the registrar of voters for the county. This involves maintaining the county register, conducting early voting, verifying petition signatures, lists for political parties and candidates, and jury lists.
- Santa Cruz County Assessor has the statutory duty to locate, identify and value all taxable property in the county’s jurisdiction. The Assessor’s office maintains ownership of certain files, provides public services, value all land, improvements, and personal property annually, maps all parcels and maintains all tax authorities (area and boundaries). The utilization of recorded documents, deeds, plat maps and sub-divisions are among the tools used by the Assessor’s Office to accomplish several of these tasks.
- Arizona Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arizona for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events. They are prime sources for genealogical information.
Arizona Historical Records
- Databases include Arizona Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records; Arizona Birth, Marriage & Death Records; Arizona Voter Lists & Census Records; Arizona Immigration & Emigration Records; Arizona Obituary Records; Arizona Military Records; Arizona Family Tree Records; Arizona Pictures; Arizona Stories, Memories & Histories; Arizona Directories & Member Lists and much more....
Santa Cruz County Genealogy Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Santa Cruz County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is basically a directory which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to furnish your own favorite Santa Cruz County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Books, Newspapers & Publications
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Census Records
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Cemeteries & Graveyards
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Church & Bible Records
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Santa Cruz Co. AZ General and History Websites
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Immigration & Naturalization
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Military Records
Santa Cruz Co. AZ Schools & Directories